Friday, April 4, 2008

Starting Three Times

starting
starting
starting
at the ground
three times
wait, no four
four black coals separated on the ground
growing
growing
growing
up from their points
like stumps
to logs
to trees
with brown leaves
connecting them together
cascading down the legs
one here, one there
OH one's flying in the air
and up and up and UP it goes
that trunk to a place where no one knows
I thought I'd seen it stop
but my eyes could reach no further
so I clambered into my private plane
check the engine, on, let's go
starting
starting
starting
up and up and up
up to the top of the atmosphere where this trunk stopped
looking back at me
two sparkling ebony eyes
blinking
saying hello so kindly
"I am a giraffe"
the end

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.