Saturday, June 28, 2008

Different

I am different
Let's just say
I
handle
see
feel
hear
speak
think
taste
experience
things in different ways

I've got this name to prove likewise
That I am much different from you guys
And this name has followed
Generations from before
of similar, peculiar people
with
enthusiasm
quirks
desire
weaknesses
dedication
flaws
motivation
challenges
processes
like me.

Yet my difference separates me still, with the present
I try to connect with the past
But I am still alone, it seems sometimes
As I read back and relate
That this line of people
kind of like me
only come one at a time.

So here I am, alone
Here I am, I'm different
That's all there is to understand.
(but we can still be friends...
because you're different,too)
Joseph Smith
Great Great Great Great Grandfather John Rowe Moyle

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.