Thursday, July 24, 2008

Oh Canada

OH CANADA
I knew you before
But you weren't much in my mind
A place for vacation
where time would stop
and I'd lay on the beach of PEI
A place for silly accents
But that was only one side
No Canada.... before
you weren't much to me.

Moving
Finding out
You ruined my life
You took my best friends
my family
Threw them behind
Broke my home
Wiped my past
Put me on my own...
like college two years early.

High school became nothing
Give up, give up
it won't matter
you're moving.

So excited for the movement
for something new
Took way too much for granted
much more than I knew
I just smiled
I'm leaving! Hoorah!
Watching them all cry
feeling terrible inside
I became "the traitor"
until I reached the Loyalist soil
and once again became the enemy.

I thought it as a pit stop
a stop
a drop
a roll
no point
to anything
anything at all
two years was nothing
I just refused to care
I belonged somewhere else
but had a purpose to serve.

OH CANADA
you took everything from me
everything
everything
besides necessities....
you took everything
that made my identity.
everything and made it worse.
I had nothing.
I didn't want anything either.
"Why make friends when you'll only leave them?"
And it's true
I'm only leaving you
Going back to the old ones.

But Canada....
as much as you know me.
you've given me more,
additions to myself
renovations to show the past
what I've become
become something more
with a future that at first did not exist.

Oh Canada
your blessing
to know what matters most
to fortify my testimony
of my being
who I am.

Dear America,
I've missed you.
That psycho. sense of being free
My flag, my country, my sweet love
Where I'm loyal through as blue is true
Where I can see the stars
And remember those red stripes.
Where my roots lie.

Oh Canada
you improved
in my mind
a different life
where I belong no where
My home is the world
Everyone is a friend

Oh Canada
sometimes I really hate you
but I've come to learn to love you
and thank you
and thank you
Thank You.

Like a Pit Stop
short
yet necessary
to prepare me
for the future.

So how is Canada?
It's okay,
but so is the USA. ;]
(I'm all in for Hong Kong! hahaha jk)

1 comment:

Braden said...

this poem is so funny and witty...lol

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.