Saturday, October 10, 2009

Change

You've come to misunderstand
That I am more than you thought

I've learned what's been taught
I'm less than I thought

We've both been duped
And it pulled more than a few hairs
And more than a few years

I see, or so I think I see
That as I've reestablished my ground
Yet you think I was worse off

I was, am, and will be fine
But it's harder to learn alone
When we forget and need reminding
So I placed a trust upon you

It proved to work so far so well

But time has recycled
And I will not wear your definition of me
Just like I've refused the past few

I may change through learning
But I am still the same

You may stay mistaken
And I'll try to not give up

Someday we'll both see
why we received what we received
and why I took my step towards growth and change
and you stayed to see the worst of me

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.