Saturday, October 10, 2009

They say...

There are times in life that shape who we are. These times are many.
I want to say "I am because," but in actuality "things are because I am." And it's these times that only help me to better see myself than to become myself. My potential has always been, I may just be reluctant to being it sometimes. It's a choice to be less than what I am, and I try to choose otherwise.
These experiences with agency teach me to be more like who I am, to learn more of who I am.
I chose to accept the responsibility to be me and to accept the consequences of choices I and others make.
I propose that "things are because I am" because life was made for us as individuals.
Life is tailored to who we are. My life has been tailored according to my strengths, my weaknesses, my talents, my passions, my fears, to me - to who I am.
I am not tailored for the life I experience.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.