Friday, February 22, 2008

above and conquered

once, I stood so tall
like big old redwoods
I was so close to the sky
I was, I could feel it in my hair
but down below there was a knocking
knocking knocking
then a chop chopping
peeking below I saw you
I thought you were a friend
but I remembered you
when you carved your sweetheart's name
now you came back
with a larger tool this time
trying to get my heart
I was oh so thick
all-knowing, that was me
I knew no way you'd get to me
'cause I was the tallest tree
I kept looking back down to you
every once and awhile
the closer you kept getting
the angrier I got
that one last look i took
bent over way too far and you took
one
last
chop
chop, crack, fell
down to my knees crying
he told me I was a flower
underneath my thick bark
so I'm still here trying to thicken up again
I've fallen to my enemy's knees
he has finally conquered over me.
never the end

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.