Friday, February 22, 2008

goodbye to SMJ

so this is goodbye
like a message in a bottle
departing 'cross the ocean
waving "so long"

you're off to distant places
where I may never see you again
but maybe years from now
you'll wash up on my shore
those memories to reread

for you are just some grains of sand
out of many people
sitting on this beach

so off you go
in your glass bottle
tainted with sunlight
from a world I can't enter
out of my eye
behind my earth
like our faded star
you go
you go
farewell
and goodbye.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this one a lot! You definitely are talented Jane. I am quite impressed. Keep it up!

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.