Thursday, February 21, 2008

sunset sunrise

skipping stones across the blue
watching them sink in
falling through the universe
becoming stars dispersed.
a mirror of the night above
stones flickering for eons
tiny suns reflected in our eyes
as we gaze upon them in the sky.
trapped inside our pupils
twinkling for eternities
like the light house far away
on the sea we threw stars today.
we've pulled the night cover over
see light shine through the holes
sunlight, looks like fireflies
dancing as the dark sea dies.
breaking through the horizon
push this blanket off us
and what was in your eye
now sparkles in the morning sky.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.