Friday, February 22, 2008

Life Interrupting

PUSHED
to my knees
against the ground
with the dust adorning my face.

PRESSED
against a wall
looking the other direction
not even one brick available to hold.

SHOVED
from comfort
what I thought was right
to the blazing sun blinding my eyes.

WOOED
with words
found from fairy tales
and promises no one could make.

COMFORTED
by empathy
and past experiences
that just didn't fully understand.

LOVED
for real
by the past
that just moves further away.


I thought I could come inside
Sorry, I interrupted your life.



No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.