Friday, February 22, 2008

strip down

when the light is black
I'm lying in the darkness
with eyes closed to see what I feel.

monotonous breathing
inflation, deflation; expansion
thinking as deep as the diaphragm goes
letting loose what matters least
the stress that sinks me.
I'm a balloon binging on air
then, letting the demons escape
I am able to float away
higher
rising elevation
reaching greater being.

I'm lying here with the door shut
tracing the systems in my bod'
as an artist building my structure
rebuilding my being, what I feel.
when taken apart into pieces
laid, organized carefully
the foundation I lie on is all that's left.
it's while I'm here
watching words bounce, deflect off walls
like slo-mo ping-pong, but of the brain
my hands extend, reach to catch them
sewing sentences together.

my closed eyelids detect an outline
your presence opening my eyes
while I just sense the shadowed figure
calmly, yet cautiously, stepping closer.
and with this stripped state I feel
each strand of hair stroked,
brushed aside from my face.
a loss of focus, immediate peace.
warmth of your head nuzzling mine
gives a connection, like telepathy
as your hands tell, "I care for you."

a pause from myself...
that could last for hours,
as long as I could write,
describe, express to my ability
how much "sweetheart" suits you.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.