Friday, February 22, 2008

The Quiet Place

where the gold-gilded forest walls
speak not of paradise, but serenity
to dip my toes into the stream of life
carrying with it the diamonds of this world
that you can only glimpse in another's eyes

this place, with it's canopies uncurling
draping all across the soft steps I take
to a destination where I'll meditate
where my sun-painted skin ripens
maturing in magnificent hues

and as the whistling breeze
waltzes in the star-studded sky
my structure will shatter so softly
begin rowing dreams down the river
past here where the world is taboo
past here
here
the quiet place.

(Photo Credit of Rebekah Gibson)

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.