Friday, February 22, 2008

moving out

love is the depth of the azure ocean
with continuum of eb and flo
a ritual of the low and high tide.
some learn to tread the water young in age
while others fear the mystery far too long.
I have come to swim through shallow water
as my destination of the drowning chasm comes nigh.
there are pebbles in the sand to trip or slip upon
rafts upon the surface to save the distressed.
I sometimes stay close to shore in fear
but the sun beckons me above accomplished swimmers of the deep.
the light penetrates through the ebony under-ocean
and all is clear and seen at times
while others bring storm-congested skies.
in the end I'm ready to swim forward
let the ocean reach above the ankles to my heart.
I'm reaching for the deeper ocean, with you at my side.


let the ocean reach above my ankles to my heart.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.