Friday, February 22, 2008

With every boy, they come

the little monsters
that eat me in my sleep
steal away my joy
and chew at my heart

oh the little monsters
cute masks on their faces
tear apart my life
scaring me out of my mind

underneath the flower
a serpent poised to strike
rip me up inside
break me down to cry

little monsters I don't even know
target me as kill
hating me already
as soon as I exist

scary little monsters
always out to get me
what did I do to them
sometimes I'd prefer to die

their gibberish is misunderstood
'cause beneath the covers
its something more
a message to warn me

they don't even know me
they don't even care
evil tiny monsters
all too greedy to even see




No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.