Friday, February 22, 2008

half an hour

RAHHHHHHH!!!!
screams the bell at the top of its lungs
burning so red it might just blow!
single line
try to stifle your panic
get outside where you best belong
away from the danger
the demolishing fire
burning down the buildings
as we find comfort among ourselves
we were all outside waiting
this very day
as those sirens polluted the sky
in our memories.
we were still waiting
for the signal
while the rest of the world
went back to world
we were outside standing
they forgot us here
for half an hour
just like they forgot the fire.
I remember. 9/11.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.