Friday, February 22, 2008

When Day is Done.

I want the mighty wind
to break the placid lake
cause a shimmer, ripple
make a smile in it's face.

Underneath the water
where many've tread before
with certain stories in their souls
that will be seen no more.

Deep into the hollow
of such an elder tree
we find such mysteries
that were never thought to be.

Like the lake
break me
reflect that golden smile
that rises with the sun.

Like sand underwater
forgive and forget
those prints once made
but remember those feet.

And like the tree
I'll look deeper
for that meaning
which grows inside of me.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.