Friday, February 22, 2008

rocket science

you and your equations
you mark upon the board.
it's like you take the universe
and try to arrange the stars,
as if it's all a blackboard
cluttered with your symbols.
it is far too incredibly complex
to find the scientist perplexed.
you thumb through all your files
just to find one explanation
to describe those feelings
in a complicated equation.
but take you back in time
before the poet's rhyme
in the beginning there was
one plus one
which equaled less than three.
and so through time this was
what swollen hearts proclaimed.
then the night I took your hand
dear rocket scientist, you said,
"something I finally understand"
and 1+1=<3

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.