Friday, February 22, 2008

love notes

from the point the bud peeked out into life
in spring when feelings burst aflame as blossoms
growing lively, playing tag on summer nights
resting in our heads, being shared between hands
as maturity, like a cancer, consumed the leaves.

crisp mornings, rising from wrinkling sheets
after resuming reality from sweetest dreams
I laminate my skin upon the window, fogging vision,
and catch a glimpse of a sun-glittering collage on my lawn
the hues of honest emotions bleeding when it rains.

like a tree; cherry-blossom, bonsai, oak
someone is falling for me, sending love notes
multiplying arithmetically each passing breeze
replacing memories of suffocation, drowning,
of nothing more than isolation to cling to.

I see you've scattered them about
to ensure my chance of seeing them 100%.
plastering walls, carpeting sidewalks
leeches on my shoes and clothes and hair
informing the universe that I, indeed, am stuck.

they can see the colors in my cheeks
complement those of your love notes.
ripening fruit beneath the gold-gilded orb
bloated with flavor; sweet, divine
requiring one sincere kiss for experience.

oh carino, sweetheart, as you fall
I am prepared with my doll-sized hands
to rake these love notes into a pile
and with steps carefully planted,
I dive!

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.