Thursday, February 21, 2008

Your soul was made of water

crush slide quench
your chill soul
underground you can't breath
what it is i breath

your soul
like a river filling my life
drowning my mind

covering me over
teaching me to inhale
the water inside

there's something else we're living on
when air is gone
sweet air, when its gone

we were little and we learned to swim
but i got out when i grew older
now your chill soul
is taking me back
breathing water
instead of air

breath your soul
instead of air
finally taking it in

the river filling me up.


(Photo Credit to Rebekah Gibson)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES!! I LOVE water!!!

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.