Friday, February 22, 2008

hold up

you CAN'T
take it.

you CAN'T
breath in.

or think
or feel
or see

you're blind.

the constant confining web
of the claustriphobe's worst fear.

your screams and tears
attract no sympathy.
so alone, numb, and gone...you wait

until THIS moment
THIS time
This day where the sun will rise
where you can see past sorrow and guilt
and rain just washes all you've ever felt.

Sweet sweet air and sunshine
For a little bird to break flight
to FLY!

to love
to feel
to understand outside the box
to love life once again

and see beauty in others' eyes.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.