Thursday, February 21, 2008

He sang for me... I don't sing out loud

Ten million notes
that crowd my mouth
slipping past the gates
of my pursed lips

entire audiences attempt to
tear my locked jaws apart
only absence, with its claws
snitches those sweet melodies

the empty field
the empty room
is never empty
while I am there

when my notes spew
like monsoons from the sky
drowning those in its way
even though I'm alone

more than ten million
boxed in my throat
locked with a key
only absence possesses

try you might
to catch a refugee
but they're quiet
and nearly invisible

minuscule notes
looked behind white gates
creepin out at night
sleepin in the day

songs remaining deaf
songs remaining blind
songs so illiterate
songs only mine.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.