Thursday, February 21, 2008

Charlie Tango

today I put my arms out
to the left and to the right
I put them out as far as they could go
parallel to the horizon
or even at an angle
I put my arms out today

it was the wind and the hill
I ran down the hill
with my arms and hands flat out
stiff with excitement
I ran down the hill
it was down the hill in the wind

then the gust hurtled toward me
like a rhino to it's enemy
blasting me off my feet
off my feet into the air
off the ground, off the ground!
with the power of a rhino

above the trees and cities
towers in the distance
earth's quilt just below
with my arms straight out
like a bird, like a plane
tree and cities below with me above

because I flew so fast
my skin grew stiff from air's force
pushing against me
smoothing me aerodynamically
like brand new Charlie Tango
who, like me, flew so fast

today I put my arms out
stuck them straight out
perpendicular to my body
or sometimes at an angle
and I flew, you know?
just like Charlie Tango.

(this is the plane I flew in the day I wrote this)

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.