Friday, February 22, 2008

Amazing fish

how could it be you've never tasted
this flavor before your age this day?
of all the sweet smells
what took so long to lure you in?

I went deep-sea fishing
and found the most unique
unknown species,
possibly the only one.

I'm not much of a seafood lover,
not like I once had been,
but you're my exception.

you bring a safe reminder
that this is what I need.

The things I'm learning from what you teach
I think I don't understand
but that's plowed over by this amazing joy
that relieves a stress that had captured me.

A risk, you say, you're taking
latching onto my hook
a risk you're willingly making
and I'm just the lucky one.

How did you decide without a list to check?
You make me question things again
and then
it doesn't matter.
I am happy
and it's alright... all on it's own
my only effort was to throw the line.

I've caught the best catch,
a fish that surprisingly knows all the math.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.