Thursday, February 21, 2008

gray baby named patience

someone took a sheet
covered up my Mr. Sun
my cloudy eyes rained
my cry rolled of thunder
as lightning flash across my face
my baby is gray now
hiding away
stuck him back in memory
behind that gray sheet
people in the sky are building this wall
through my ears wind breaths
you're gonna have to wait
love
you're gonna have to wait
like the moon loves the sun
she has been waiting billions of years
like me and him
i will still have to wait
this storm may take a while to clear
but i know blue baby will come back
maybe days or years
gray baby's stayin here
i will be flooding the earth with joy
when somebody in the sky takes the gray sheet away
the end

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.