Friday, February 22, 2008

Swing with me

In the garden, a downpour of angel rays.
The aroma of perennials drowns your senses in delight.
Ivy-seized walls reject an outer world.
Canopies of trees protect us from what they see.
Your rosy cheeks will grow in bushes
along the wall where streams do trickle
like the stars that linger in our eyes
when we laugh upon smile without end.
We will stroll through the lush grass so vibrant and green
that grows like the truth between you and me.
Birds' wings flap beat to the hum in th air
of bees dancing to tunes so tangled in our hair.
Daffodils grow like a fire in the corner
inviting and delighting in their afternoon's tea.
From our live's tree so knotted with stories,
an empty swing dangles poised for our turn.
Climb into happiness' seat
as life cycles on with its ups and downs.
It couldn't be easier without your help pushing me through
to remind me, "Swing higher! I know that you can!"
Then off through the garden as night opens its eyes
the pond will shiver as we send our stones off.
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven...
times upon the surface, times through the week.
This is where the cavities of our chests
are filled.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.