Friday, February 22, 2008

kings + monsters + cycles daily

As the king begins to doze,
laying down his golden crown
down upon fresh green velvet,
outside his quiet dreamland
a bustling does occur.
The monster's headdress rises,
spokes growing from the horizon.
Dusk is creeping along the streets
as the monster's eyes
click, click, click...turn on
blinking spontaneously
while it's arms stretch
across the fields with germs
separating this way and that
infecting the air.
They make same abrupt noise
chasing sleep out of bedrooms
until the watch guard sounds alarm
and by the time
the knight turns the flashlight on,
they're gone.

No comments:

The Poet

I am not currently a published, nor a famous, poet, but I hope that maybe that could change. These are all my own poems, so please feel free to compliment, criticize, or simply comment on them. I would greatly appreciate it. Spread the word, too, if you like them enough!

And if you even want to request a poem by me, I'm your personal poet.